Be it a puppy or an adult, we offer one-on-one, in-home behavior and obedience training with a licensed canine behaviorist.
Each behavior training plan is customized to you and your dog’s needs.
We focus on positive, reward-based training with the understanding that different dogs require different training methods. That is why we develop custom training programs for every obedience and behavior training client; training plans are goal and breed-specific with a focus on human-canine interaction.
We offer both obedience and behavior modification training. Among many other things, training programs can help with:
- Basic obedience & heelwork
- Puppy behavior shaping & training
- Problematic behaviors
- Excessive behaviors
- Separation anxiety
- Confidence building
- Advanced and distance obedience
A HOLISTIC APPROACH TO TRAINING
We believe behavior is shaped through the consistent reward of desired behavior: In this way, the dog is set-up to succeed without coercion. We are strong proponents of positive reinforcement in behavior conditioning, transitioning voluntary behavior into involuntary responses. We believe that training is not without consequences or corrections. Just as a den mother would gently correct improper behavior in a pup, unwanted behavior can be marked and mildly re-directed.
Dogs either lead or are led in and by nature, therefore how they are led in our homes is the responsibility of the humans. We believe in rules, boundaries, and expectations as set by the human members of the household. The humans should occupy a higher ranking status in the home. With that said, the human relationship with the dog should be one of fairness and respect.
When training to resolve problematic behavior and/or compounding behaviors, we develop Intelligent leadership programs unique to each dog. These programs are guided by breed, temperament, history, environment, relationship with owner and owner dynamics (mindset, willingness, capabilities, etc.).
Basic Obedience Package (5 hours): $500
Designed to create a strong framework for puppies or young dogs needing basic obedience. In-home, private training is more effective than group classes.
- One 60-minute in-home consultation with the trainer to set goals, get hands-on demonstrations of training methods and receive training guide.
- Six 30-minute training sessions to work one-on-one with the dog.
- One 60-minute hand-off session with owner/s and dog.
- Customized training manual and a personalized binder.
- Phone and email support during training and for 14 days following final session.
- $295 each additional dog in household if sessions are scheduled consecutively.
Behavior Management Training (2 hours): $310
For dogs that are destructive, suffer from separation anxiety, are overly aggressive or have other behavior problems. Plans are custom-tailored.
- 2-hour in-home consultation with trainer. Discuss and establish training options and goals. After consultation trainer will develop a custom program for you and your dog. You will receive a customized training manual. Includes
- 14 days phone and email support.
- $190 each additional dog in household.
Follow On In-Home Training Sessions:
1-1 training sessions with you and/or your dog/s. Ask questions or demonstrations from trainer, or have trainer work independently with your dog. Available only after initial Training Consultation is complete. Your training manual will include recommendations for in-home training sessions based on your needs and goals.
- 60 minutes – $100
- 90 minutes – $150
- Additional dogs trained in home $50 if scheduled consecutively.
Advanced Obedience Training: Contact us for pricing
For dogs that have mastered basic obedience commands. May include off-leash send away and recall to heel, distance commands, “Go to bed”, Locate, or any agreed custom commands. We do not currently offer hunting or agility training.